The Bee Hive Inn pictured in the 1920s. Contrast this image with the 2012 image below.
The Bee Hive Inn stood at the bottom of Duke Street at its junction with Bark Street. The pub was a beerhouse that was free from brewers’ tie for many years although Gordon Readyhough states that it sold Magees beers in the late nineteenth century. 
The Ardill and Kerfoot families ran the pub from the 1890s until after the outbreak of the first world war. Mary Ardill and her daughter Frances were in charge according to the 1891 census, while Frances and her husband Thomas Kerfoot were in charge in 1911.
Walker’s of Warrington subsequently purchased the property and it closed in 1957. The licence was one of three surrendered with regards to the newly-built Castle Hotel on the corner of Crompton Way and Tonge Moor Road. The licences of the Bee Hive and the Mortfield Tavern on Gaskell Street were surrendered as part of the transfer of the licence of the Pineapple in Darcy Lever to the Castle.
The property was subsequently demolished and the land remained empty for many years until an office block was built on the site in 2011.